Hi, you shound like me, I was just diagnosed but felt I had the symptoms for a couple of years.  I have been taking Requip which has given me back my life.  I can now run and exersize which was something I had to give up because of the balance and feeling really unsteady on my feet.  I am going to my first meeting this Thursday, the Young PD group, hope it is ok.  I am somewhat nervous about attending but my daughter is a nurse and feels I need to go.  My mother feels there will be people there worst off then me and I will get uipset!  I will keep you posted on the meeting.  It is good to hear from someone my age.

Sheri Harper

-----Original Message-----
From: Lynnette Love <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask]
Sent: Sun, 27 Nov 2005 20:25:24 EST
Subject: Introduce myself

Hi.  My name is Lynnette.  I am a 55 year old divorcee
who lives in Sacramento, Calif.  I live alone and have no
family nearby.  I was diagnosed with PD 9 years ago, but
now realize I had symptoms several years prior to that.

I work full time and am an active equestrian.  I own my own
palomino horse.  I am a member of the Sheriff's Posse and
rode on the drill team until a year ago.  I gave it up when I
began to feel nervous and felt like I couldn't properly control
the horse.  I still ride, but have stopped competing with the
Posse.

In an effort to find local support groups (there aren't any in my
area) I found the APDA Young Parkinson's Info Center.  They provided
the information to join this site.

Look forward to getting more acquainted.
Happy Trails to You!
Lynnette