Debbie,

I have always kept away from groups for the very reason you describe but
your words, 'I was the best of shape there', has made me think that those
of us who are less affected and strong willed and determined to fight the
advance of PD by 'mind over matter' and alternative therapies should go to
groups to show and share our beliefs and successes; to change outdated
thinking and care regimes; to remove the 'doom and gloom'.

I was diagnosed in 1993 and feel I'm doing OK. I have never thought of PD
as being an end but more as a bginning

marco