A senior historian who shall remain nameless once said to me
dismissively at a reception,  "Oh, do you have a writing centre too?
Ours is full of a group we call the Writing Mums."

Then I told him I had been one for years...   and was proud of it.

So -- along with many others I will read this article with interest!

best wishes for the holidays to all CASLLers

Ann Beer

On Tuesday, December 20, 2005, at 03:48 PM, Roger C Graves wrote:

> The Fall edition of the Inkshed Newsletter has now been posted--it's
> still fall,
> for a few more hours anyway!
>
> Kathryn Alexander contributed a very important article on gender and
> institutional identity; if you've ever been called a "writing
> lady"--and even if
> you haven't been--you'll want to make time to read it. I hope you'll
> post your
> reflections on this article to the CASLL list or, even better, write
> something
> and send it to us for the next edition of the newsletter.
>
> Information about the next conference is also in this edition, so if
> you are
> interested in attending Inshed 23, be sure to read the call for
> proposals.Two
> fine poems, one by Pauline Sameshima and the other by Carl Leggo,
> complete the
> issue.
>
> Roger Graves, Heather Graves
> Editors
>
> Dr.  Roger Graves
> Director of Writing and Technical & Professional Communication
> University of Western Ontario
> London, ON N6A 3K7
> 519.661.2111x85785

>     its newsletter, and the annual conference, go to
>               http://www.stu.ca/inkshed/
>                  -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Dr. Ann Beer
Editor, McGill Journal of Education
Department of Integrated Studies in Education
Faculty of Education
McGill University
3700 McTavish St.
Montreal, Quebec