I forget if I mentioned this awhile back, but when I took an undergraduate
course in political science way back when, our first exam consisted of
fill-in-the blank questions like, "Who or what ultimately decides when life
begins?"  Etc., etc.  The correct answer to every question was "government" or
"politics."  Whether or not we ever talk about it on this list, that's the
bottom line to what's happening in medical research.  Underscore that bottom
line with a "bottom bottom" line (or a postscript): The people in government
who make major decisions regarding life and death and health are greatly
influenced by their personal religious beliefs.  I don't mind if we talk about
such things in an intelligent conversation; I just don't want to *argue* about
them.  Best wishes for wellness.  Scott

>===== Original Message From "Parkinson's Information Exchange Network"
>I agree wholeheartedly that religion and politics should not be a part of our
discussions about  medical research.   Just someone please tell me how to get
religion and politics out of it.

>Ray

Scott E. Antes
Department of Anthropology