Ray wrote:
>      Should we start being genetically tested for Parkinson's disease
> (PD)? According to research just published in the December issue of the
> "journal Movement Disorders" this might be a possibility in the future if
> you belong to a family affected by G2019S, a genetic mutation responsible
> for some PD cases.

This is a real 'land-mine' issue.  Because of our work in Adult Day Service,
I used to belong to the Huntington's Disease Society.  Discussions
concerning genetic testing occurred at almost every meeting.  The problem
was, once insurance companies discovered that a person was being genetically
tested, their coverage would either increase, cease, or couldn't be
obtained.  Furthermore, family members discovered that they were reluctant
to find out whether they would eventually become victims of the disease.  It
is not an easy decision to make.