Thanks for the nice note. I was diagnosed in July and was put on senement and mirapex and a couple of pills for pain and spasms.  I hope I am still going strong in 9 years.  My 39 yr old niece came over yesterday to celebrate all our DEC bdays and she was so sweet to wrap all the gifts to my kids and grandkids.What blessing it was.  She is a nurse so she understands how exhausting things can get.  No tree this year.  It is our first Christmas alone.  Dad died in April so since we are going to visit grandkids for Christmas  I just didn't have the energy or emotional strength.  First Christmas ever without dad it is very depressing.  Just my husband Richard and myself.  Our very first Christmas here alone since we were married 39 yrs ago.
  OK much to long and depressed.  I will try to keep strong and face life with a smile.
  thanks for listening all.
  Marsha

Lynnette Love <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
  Today is a day off from work for me. I got up early and started
wrapping my Christmas gifts. Next, I'm going to address a few
cards. Last weekend a 16 year old friend came to visit and put
up my tree for me. None of these tasks should be challenging
unless you have PD.

As I've stated before, I was diagnosed 9 years ago and each
year has brought changes in my health. But the blessing I've
found is that the progression has been slow and by the time
I notice a new symptom (or limitation) I am already accepting it
or at least starting to cope with it.

I live alone, so that means hours will be spent struggling with
gift wrap and labor intensive handwriting on cards!!! But I am
thankful for what I can and will be able to do today. I've learned
to be patient with myself, rest when needed, and allow plenty of
extra time.

I think we all need some encouragement sometimes. I just wanted
to take a moment (and a little space on the list) to encourage those
of you who are struggling like me. And I want to wish you all the
Happiest of Holidays.

Lynnette in Sacramento, Ca.

MARSHA