BOB wrote:
"...Unfortunately, most of the political discussion on this list is
sarcastic, intolerant, and off the cuff.  I would like to be kept informed
of what is occurring on the political front but do not have the time to weed
through all of the banter to find the nuggets of information and valuable
calls to action e.g. to write our reps about a pertinent and timely piece of
legislation.

I am heartened by the addition of new people to the list who recognize this
list as an opportunity to help each other, not a list to press individual
views re politics.  If people could just take the high road instead of the
low road, it would be great e.g. stress the positive movements that we can
add our voice to...."

Well said!
-Terry