Hi Ray,
  Talk to someone else till you get a firm answer from Medtronics eg the neurological rep.
  Also ring your neurologist and get him/her to communicate in writing with the treating ophthalmologist.
   This is important, don't put up with an "I'm not sure" answer from them.
                                                Lee

rayilynlee <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
  Has anybody who has had DBS had cataracts removed? I called Medtronic's and they didn't know what the contraindications were except no lasers should be pointed at neurostimulators/leads. I have cataracts that I believe are giving me the double vision on lights and printing: I saw an ophthalmologist in June and he said they were not ready to be
removed yet, but it is awful not being able to read and very difficult to watch TV. I was looking through my Medtronics booklet and got to thinking about it. I have appt on Dec 29 with ophthalmologist.

Am experiencing some computer problems and can't seem to search it out.

Ray