Dear Listmembers,
If you have recently (or not so recently) been diagnosed with Parkinson's Disease you may be feeling scared, worried about your future, and very much alone. Or you may be looking for more patient-oriented information about the disease. The first thing you should do is join this discussion list. The second is to view the Parkinson Disease Foundation's excellent new video/DVD, "Diagnosis Parkinson's Disease: You Are Not Alone."

The video consists mostly of a group of PWP discussing their experiences and feelings upon being told by their doctors  -- "You have Parkinson's Disease," and sharing how they coped with the diagnosis and living with PD. The dialog is unscripted and  honest - there is no sugar coating of the challenges Parkinson's brings to our lives, but at the same time it is reassuring and offers great hope for the future.
I wish this video had been available when I was diagnosed 10 years ago. I think it will be a tremendous help to the newly diagnosed and their families.

You can order a free copy from PDF online at:
http://www.pdf.org/Publications/diagnosing_parkinsons.cfm
or call PDF at : (800) 457-6676.

Also, after you view the video I'm sure they would love to know what you all think about it.
Linda Herman