Joan wrote:
but rather a gentle & understanding God who
> enveloped me in His embace and whispered to me: "look what knowledge i
> have given you...but it must be used wisely for the good of mankind."

Thank you, Joan, for your beautiful reflection on stem cell research.  As
you know, the Church has a responsibility to teach and we, the faithful,
have a responsibility to 'form our conscience' on that teaching by educating
ourselves about the issue and  reflecting on that information in order to
determine where we stand on the issue.  You have clearly educated yourself
on the efficacy of stem cell research and have concluded that it deserves
your support.  Because you have PD, you have a different perspective than
those who coldly view the elements of the issue without experiencing the
burden of disease.

Stem cell research is here to stay.  Eventually, the Church may determine
that there are areas within that research that deserve affirmation.  In the
meantime, all of us have the same responsibility that you have expressed -
to gather information in order to come to a conclusion about whether or not
we embrace this new science.