I just wanted to chime in that I think Janice's site (at Winnipeg),
connecting people to sites where tutoring is offered in Canadian
Universities and colleges, is really useful.  Martin, it would be a
wonderful service if your research could feed into it and get it
updated.  There have to be lots of other places like U of Alberta,
with Writing Task Forces of various kinds under pressure to collect
data on Canadian Writing Centres in order to argue for more resources
on campus to support student writing.
Betsy