Natasha

The American Mathematical Society has a short article called "How to Write
Mathematics". It is quite dated (originally published in 1970 in
_L'Enseignement Mathematique_ vol 16.) but has been often reprinted. Its
primary author is Paul (P.R. Halmos). It was recently offered to me as still
standing as the best guide on mathematical writing -- now that was by an
engineer, not a mathematician.

Coming at writing/math from the opposite end:
Sarah refers to the Minnesota centre, and they have a report on Writing to
Learn Mathematics: An Annotated Bibliography. by Aparna Ganguli and Richard
Henry, 1994. It is available on their site at
http://writing.umn.edu/isw/publications.htm  (Too bad so much of the
Minnesotat stuff is so dated, they were a great resource but seem to have
gone quiet in the last few years).

Also from the using writing end is a monograph called _Using Writing to
Teach Mathematics_ published by the Mathematics Association of America  and
edited by Andrew Sterrett (1992, ISBN 0-88384-066-4).  It is MAA Notes
Number 16.  It is a collection of articles with ideas.

One last one, J.J. Price wrote an article in the _College Mathematics
Journal_ called "Learning Mathematics through writing: some guidelines"

Rob Irish