Hi, Wendy --

U of T always likes to claim it was first! Innis College and Woodsworth
College started a couple of "writing labs" in the early 1970s -- I've
been told 1972. Now we have at least 14 units, though called a lot of
different names and doing a wide range of teaching (there's a list of
links at www.utoronto.ca/writing/centres.html).

Margaret

--

Margaret Procter, Ph.D.
University of Toronto Coordinator, Writing Support

http://www.utoronto.ca/writing