Hi Marisa,
 And all other newcomers,  welcome to the list,  Kudos to the young neurologist for making the diagnosis which is not always easy to do , in fact most of us experianced some symptoms for months or even years before we were diagnosed.  I think with it being so prevelant the doctors are quicker to make the diagnosis now but certainly not always.  What are your Mothers symptoms?  (How advanced is it)?  We have also discovered that Parkinson's symptoms vary signifacantly from person to person and it seems to be "custom made" for many of us.  For instance i have no tremor but my balance and gate are terrible, unmedicated i can hardly walk. (I am a 50 year old female diagnosed  about 6 years ago.)  We also find that chemicals play a part in our having Parkinsons in many cases.  I lived across the street from a Monsanto chemical plant and breathed large puffs of very stinky green smoke every day when I was 11 or 12 years old.  My neuro attributes it to that but who knows.  Like all the others on this list I am looking very forward to a cure of this awful disease an hope it comes soon.  I am told more $$ goes towards Neurology research than any other type of medical research  (a Neuro at the UNIV OF MICH told me that).

Best wishes with your parents and welcome to the list.  I think if you sift through it you will find some very helpful things here.

Diane in Michigan