I know people who get severe headaches and have traced them to
aspertame.  Some people even claim that aspertame (today's most
prevalent sweetener) is an appetite enhancer!  This leads to all kinds
of crazy (?) conspiracy theories.  Step 1: we turn on our TV's.  Then
the advertisers give us the image of the thin model/chiseled athelete
to aspire to, then the burger chains give us all the fatty food we can
eat and breweries, all the beer we can drink, then give us the 'tools'
to combat the fat, including a sugar substitute and light beer, which
keep us coming back for more, til we have to ask our doctors what's
wrong, and they subscribe the pills that perpetuate the cycle, and
make us into income generating machines for the health care and
insurance industries.  Meantime the spinoff keeps all the Bally's and
Gold's Gyms rollin' in dough.  I even distrust my TV remote these
days.  Could be part of the conspiracy.  Y'never know...it could be
transmitting your blood pressure to the cable company...

The more natural, the better.  The simpler the better.  The less TV
the better.  etc.

Apologies to all the conscientious doctors out there.  But that's it.
I don't think there is such a thing as a conscientious beer maker,
burger chain or insurance company.

Sorry for the rant.  I avoid artificial ingredients like I do the bird
flu.  (which I only see on TV!) ;-))

Enjoy winter!
Rick McGirr
Email: [log in to unmask]