I am a young onset, diagnosed at 46.  There is no
known history of PD in my family.  In my early 20's
I lost 45 lbs by basically drinking diet soda by
the gallons instead of eating.  Until PD I maintained
my weight by filling up on artificially sweetened soda.
I read that Michael J. Fox drinks a lot of diet sodas and
has for years.

I just thought it was worth mentioning. I do believe that
in my case the artificial sweetener has played a role.
Happy Trails to You!
Lynnette