Have any of the PWPs tried Amantadine, the antiviral drug?

My husband, David, suffered from dyskinesias several times throughout the day.  His neuro put him on Amantadine.  At first, he took the pill once a day, but the effects wore off too quickly.  He eventually took it 2x/day.  I know of several people who used it 3x/day.  If David took the pill on a regular schedule, i.e. at specific times during the day, his dyskinesias were significantly reduced.  When he was off schedule, he would take the Amantadine as soon as the dyskinesia started.  Within 15 minutes, all spasms would cease.  Like all meds, it wasn't perfect, but it certainly assisted his quality of life.

Amantadine isn't the answer for all people, but it might be  worth checking out for those who haven't tried it yet and are seriously discomfited by dyskinesia.

Since the DBS, David no longer has dyskinesias, so he no longer requires Amantadine.

Bev Bashe  cg to David 60/59/31