Yes, many thanks, Maxine.  I doubt if Arizona has anything like this, Ray
----- Original Message -----
From: "Edith Love" <[log in to unmask]>
To: <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Friday, January 13, 2006 2:56 PM
Subject: Fw: fyi

Sometimes we think we don't have the strength to accomplish those tasks we
so much want to complete.  Sometimes we don't realize our own inner power.

Take determination, a loved one's dream and the grit to pursue without
thought of self aggrandizement, and the reality is a safe haven for abused
and neglected seniors.

I offer, FYI, the following from one of our own.

Congratulations, Maxine!

Sent: Friday, January 13, 2006 8:59 AM
Subject: fyi

                                    News Release

For Immediate Release
Contact:  Christie Holderegger January 12, 2006
Cell (916) 213-4133
Office (916) 442-3691

MEDIA ADVISORY

.

Safe Haven for Abused and Neglected Seniors

Breaks Ground

Sacramento, CA, A ground breaking ceremony symbolizing the start of
construction of Sacramento’s first

Senior Safe House will be held on January 18, 2006 at 2 p.m. in the Arden
Arcade area.  The site is located at

3420 East Country Club Lane in Sacramento.

“This year, Sacramento County will become home to the Sacramento Senior Safe
House, the first-ever shelter of its kind on the west coast specifically
designed to temporarily house abused and neglected older adults,”  states
Maxine Milner Krugman, President/CEO, Sacramento Senior Safe House Board.
The 4,500 square foot facility will have six bedrooms, a kitchen, living and
dining areas, office space, and a peaceful backyard.  Round-the-clock
staffing will provide emotional support, nutritious meals, housekeeping and
laundry service, liaison to basic forms of medical care, and case management
so that our guests can return home or be placed in a safe and sustainable
environment.

With the dedication, hard work and collaboration of the Sacramento Senior
Safe House Board, Mercy Housing California,  HomeAid, University of
California Medical Center and Volunteers of America older adults will have a
safe place to call home during traumatic experiences involving abuse,
neglect and abandonment.  Volunteers of America will operate the program
once construction is complete.  “This program will fill an important gap in
caring for vulnerable seniors who have no one else to care for them.
Currently, abused seniors are being placed in motels or shelters,” reports
Leo McFarland, President and CEO, Volunteers of America.

The Safe House will operate solely on financial contributions from the
community.  To support the Senior Safe House, contributions can be sent to
Volunteers of America, Senior Safe House, 1900 Point West Way, Suite 270,
Sacramento, CA  95815.