-----Original Message-----
From: Parkinson's Information Exchange Network
[mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of marco de michiel
Sent: Friday, January 20, 2006 9:23 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: database

Sam,

I think the data from this group would yield significant statistics and
trends if every one completed a very detailed questionnaire. To the best
of
my knowledge it is the largest group of PwP's on the Internet and unlike
few years ago the recent postings/emails are more strongly worded in
expressing concerns about Chemicals, Medications and Neuro's & GP's. The
cynic in me expects that the same old stuff will be poured out at the PD
Conference in Washington. We need to find a 'champion' who has
credibilty
and visibility, to take the data we produce, to present the findings
such
that changes to environmental factors, diagnostic procedures and
therapies
can be implemented. We have a voice, the trouble is that it is currently
subjective and apathetic; it has to become objective and assertive. I
intend
to redraft my original questionnaire and post it to the group for
comment; I
used the word 'detailed' above, this doesn't mean verbose; it means many
sections with simple numerical, Y/N, one word responses; which is
simpler to
input and analyse.

The challenge is immense but I intend to keep on  pushing for change; to
expose the Pharmaceutical Co.'s and their 'sister' Agrochemical and
Industrial Chemical Co.'s and the people in their 'pockets'.

The 'Sshaking Palsy' as observed by Dr. James Parkinson may have
affected
'man' since earliest times but my belief is that the cause is various
toxins
entering the brain via the blood, and not part of a natural aging
process.
Some will say I'm not qualified and that I'm talking nonsense. But
yesterday
my Reflexologist told me that a GP she knows said, '...if I had known
how
much control the pharmaceutical co.'s have over us, I would never have
become a Doctor.......'. This underpins my belief and motivation.

The Pharmaceutial Co.'s, Other Chemical Co.'s, Other Industrial Co.'s,
Medical groups and Government departments have been collating and
analysing
data since the first commercial computers became available but they
either
keep their findings 'secret' or publish distorted results that support
their
goals and objectives. We could do nothing but accept. But today there is
no
excuse for doing nothing. Each PIEN member has a PC with more processing
and
storage capacity than Mainframe computers of  3rd/4th generation. The
reality is that we use them for WP, email, Internet access, Media and
Games.

I ask all members of PIEN to take part in establishing the nucleus of a
world-wide database.

regards,
Marco

To sign-off Parkinsn send a message to: