Nick,
      I'm taking 50/200 mg Carbidopa/Levodopa ER (generic Sinemet) with
200 mg Comtan four times a day.  If I have protein during the day, it
tends to shorten the "up" time of the dose I'm on or delays the ramping up
 of the next dose I take.  I have noticed that I have the most trouble
when I choose my protein from the top of the food chain (beef, etc.)and
less when I'm using vegetable protein like rice and beans.  A PD dietician
who contributes to this dialogue recommends half a gram of protein for
every pound of body weight per day.
   In your note, you mentioned 2 1/2 Sinemet.  Does the 2 1/2 represent
the number of pills or the size of each?

All the best to you both,  Geo.

Nick & Oanh <[log in to unmask]>
Sent by: Parkinson's Information Exchange Network
01/23/06 02:12 AM
Please respond to
Parkinson's Information Exchange Network <[log in to unmask]>

cc

Subject
Sinemet & Comtan

Is this unusual?

My wife took 2 1/2 sinemet cr and 1 comtan at 11am. At 12:30pm she ate
some fish and shrimp, rice and salad. At 3pm she took another 2 1/2
sinemet cr  and 1 comtan.  It never kicked in. I had her take another
sinemet/comtan dose at 6pm. It didn't kick in by 7:10pm, so she took one
more sinemet cr. It finally kicked in at 7:40pm.

Any idea why it didn't kick in 2 times?

Nick
caregiver for Oanh, 14 yrs pd

To sign-off Parkinsn send a message to: