About 6 months ago, when I woke up one morning, one hand was closed in a
fist & when I tried to open it, one finger would not open. I had the think
about it to get it to open. At that time, I didn't think much about it. It
continued to act this way periodically & has since gotten a bit more .. um
.. annoying.
When I mentioned it to my Dr., he said it was probably a tendon causing it.
At this time, it is only the one finger (middle on right hand) doing this.
The whole finger somewhat hurts but the worst is when I force it open so I
can use it.
I was previously Dx with an 'inflamed tendon' on the inside of my right
wrist. The first thing Dr Boza says is "You need surgery". I said Excuse
me.... At that time, I was loosing use of that hand but after wearing a
brace, I have most of the use of that hand back. :-)
Anyway, my bro recently reminded me that daddy had trouble with his fingers.
I don't know IF any Dr every told him why but I am curious if other PWP have
this type symptom where a finger won't open & both joints of it hurt.
My dad was Dx w/PD in the early 90s & passed away in 2001 at age 81. The
trouble with his hands started before his Dx.
I am wondering if this is just a coincidence between he & I or could it be a
PD thing.
Tia,
Bonnie