i wrote to dr. levesque a week or two ago asking for
an update on his research - no response.

  Dennis Turner is the only person I have ever heard
of to undergo this procedure. Presumably, since Dr.
Levesque has not published his results (at least not
that i can find), the trial is either still underway
or has stopped for some reason.

  Basically, without a double-blind (if that is
possible in the case of brain surgery) placebo (or
sham surgery) controlled study with multiple
participants, designed to measure efficacy, i don't
think there is any way of knowing whether the
symptomatic benefit Turner experienced was due to the
- i am not sure what it is called, but apparently even
sham surgery often produces measurable symptomatic
benefit in PD (why we can't all just have sham brain
surgery is another question entirely!) or to actual
integration and proper function of adult stem cells.

Nick & Oanh <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
  Does anyone know of other parkies who have had adult
stem cells injected
into their brain?

Anyone know why there has been so little activity on
this subject?

Why hasn't anyone else had this treatment?

Very perplexing.

Nick Drozdowski
caregiver for Oanh, 14 years pd

Nick & Oanh wrote:

> In May 1999, Dr. Levesque injected adult stem cells
into the brain of
> Dr. Dennis Turner. The treatment proved to be very
successful, as Dr.
> Turner enjoyed 5 years of normal movement before the
PD came back on his
> left side.
>
> I am trying to find Dr. Turner. Can anyone help me?
>
> Nick Drozdowski
> caregiver for Oanh, 14 years pd

> mailto:[log in to unmask]

To sign-off Parkinsn send a message to: