From: CASLL/Inkshed [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Rob Irish
Sent: February 2, 2006 4:22 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Response to K. Alexander's article

Interestingly, a similar discussion about positioning has been occuring on
the Engineering Communication Listserv. Below is an excerpt from Linda
Driskill's post that started it. I think it is to the point you are seeking
response to.

For my own part, I made note of Cathy Scrhyer's valuable reclamation of the
idea of "techne" as incorporating both "skill at" and "savvy about" -- sorry

Cathy, I know that's a dumbing down, but a quick e-dialogue makes it
difficult to capture the richness. Somehow, many of our colleagues remain
blind to the latter, yet we must position ourselves in that intellectual
space.  I noticed myself trying to move in precisely the ways Linda
describes below in a meeting with an Engineering department chair just this
week. I think I was somewhat successful.

Rob