Try this link for the Australian version of the story.
http://www.news.com.au/story/0,10117,18245417-401,00.html?from=rss

The book that pushes the deathmask theory is about to be distributed in the US by International Publishers Marketing. Here's some of their publicity

The Life and Times of
William Shakespeare

William Shakespeare’s literary work has fascinated
and entertained people throughout the world
for centuries. His life, however, has always
been shrouded in mystery. Now an eminent
Shakespearean scholar presents a complete picture
of his life and times and reveals the man himself.
In this extraordinary study, Professor Hildegard
Hammerschmidt-Hummel sets the great English
playwright firmly in his time and reveals his deep
involvement in the dramatic political events of the
reigns of Elizabeth I and James I. After ascending
the throne, Queen Elizabeth I made Anglicanism, a
version of the Protestant confession, the official
State religion and announced her aim to abolish
Catholicism within her lifetime. Brutal persecution
of priests and believers in the Old Religion followed
and they were forced to go underground or into
exile. This background of religious ferment meant
that, due to their potentially explosive content,
nearly half of Shakespeare’s works could not be
published during his lifetime, only becoming public
seven years after his death. Hammerschmidt-
Hummel demonstrates how this political backdrop
is the key to understanding so many of the secrets
and puzzles of Shakespeare’s life and work.
Who were Shakespeare’s friends and enemies?
What did he do during his ‘lost years’? How did he
manage to become the most influential writer in
England in such a short time? What did his
contemporaries think and write about him? Why
did he suddenly start writing tragedies? Is Hamlet,
the tragedy of a great Prince in a rotten State, a
reflection of the dramatic and tragic events at the
end of the Elizabethan age? And why did
Shakespeare fail to write one word of homage to
the Queen during her 45-year reign? Professor
Hildegard Hammerschmidt-Hummel answers these
and other key questions in this comprehensive and
groundbreaking biography of William Shakespeare.

PROFESSOR HILDEGARD HAMMERSCHMIDT-HUMMEL
lectures in English Literature and Cultural studies
at the University of Mainz, Germany. For three
years she was head of the Department for Culture
at the Consulate-General of Germany in Toronto.
Her major publications include the study Das
Geheimnis um Shakespeares ‘Dark Lady’ (The Secret
of Shakespeare’s ‘Dark Lady: Uncovering a Mystery),
1999, in which she identifies the mistress of
Shakespeare’s sonnets; What did Shakespeare Look
Like? Authentic Portraits and the Death Mask:
Methods and Results of the Tests of Authenticity),
2000; Die verborgene Existenz des William
Shakespeare. Dichter und Rebell im katholischen
Untergrund (The Secret Life of William Shakespeare:
Poet and Rebel in the Catholic Underground), 2001,
which resolves the question of Shakespeare’s
religion; the three-volume work that appeared in
2003, Die Shakespeare-Illustration (1594–2000).
Bildkünstlerische Darstellungen zu den Dramen
William Shakespeares (Shakespearian Illustrations
[1594–2000]. The Work of Artists on Shakespeare’s
Plays), containing more than 3000 illustrations;
William Shakespeare. Die authentischen Bildnisse
(William Shakespeare. The Authentic Portraits), 2004;
and the earlier German version of her Shakespeare
biography, William Shakespeare. Seine Zeit – Sein
Leben – Sein Werk (2003), which heavily draws on
new historical and pictorial sources she has brought
to light during a lifetime of Shakespearean study.
Jacket image: A silhouette of the true image
of Shakespeare, a bust scientifically authenticated
by Professor Hildegard Hammerschmidt-Hummel
as being sculpted during his lifetime. The full image
will be revealed on the front cover of this book on
publication in March 2006.

Bill Lloyd