Welcome, Lynn, and - what'd you say your husband's name is?  43 is young, so
you should also check out www.youngparkinsons.com .  I was also
'young-onset', having had my first symptoms at age 47, back in 2000.  This
list has been an invaluable resource for me in learning how to cope with the
disease and it's effects on the sufferer and those around him/her.  We've
discussed everything from pesticides to constipation lately.  The people
here are open, friendly, and don't mind sharing with the list, even when
slightly embarassing, their personal experiences.  There are enough of us
here that you should be able to get a good cross-section of info on just
about anything having to do with PD.

There has been a lot said on the subject of acceptable topics for
discussion.  It appears that the expression of one's own social or political
opinions are not welcome here.  We've decided to try to keep it nicey, not
dicey.  A lot of the political discussion has ruffled some feathers as we
delve into such subjects as one's opinions about how the current
administration is doing, or the moral recititude of stem cell research.
These can spill over into the kind of discussions which have no end, and so
we just are trying to keep the messages informative and supportive.

In our spare time, (what's that?) those of us who enjoy a good political
go-round are thinking that we could set up a Yahoo group or something.
First stage of setting up a Parkitocracy in America.

But in the meantime, please introduce your husband and make yourself at
home.  I'll be back with the lemonade in just a minute.

Enjoy!
Rick McGirr