If you've had DBS you needn't worry about cataract surgery unless a laser is used to correct vision.  I  had lens implants and didn't explode or anything.

Just had my 2nd cataract surgery yesterday and am going to be able to see
except for reading glasses.  I've worn glasses for 60 years so it was a big
shock to finally see what I look like at age 70.

I'm just so very grateful that God hasn't told Bush or Pat Robertson it is not OK for doctors to cut on eyeballs.  You must be awake for this one too and it is awesome!  Plus this is the first time in all my 11 major and minor surgeries I really came away with an unexpected benefit for my pain and suffering.  Viva doctors!!!

Ray