HI:

I'm new to list.I was first diiagnosed in1999 with pd. Had 2 Dtrs
involved.ONe was alternative meds, who suggested
glutithone[spelling?]injections which i did for a # of yrs.3x awk..Ifinally
went on 25/100sinemmet ,first with 1 then 3 a day . The alternative DR. died
unexpectivelyand i had my Nuero alone  who was never in favor  of the  Glut
shots & since they were not of much help,I stopped them.
I ALso began  to get painless  spasms in my legs,where the muscle tightens
involuntarily  & thenrelaxes.It  goes away when i take sinemet after1 hr &
after staslevo100,goes after 1and1/2hrs.
Nuero says its pd,however i get cnflicting opinion from rehab Dr.,who says
its nerveous leg .Anyone know???

.Then i startedd to have freezing and my Nuero put me on stalevo 150 3x a
day which stopped the freezing.That occured about 2 yrs & 3mos. ago . I had
a fellow pd friend who had DBS which had been successsful.I than had DBS of
STN in NOV OF 2004 after being offered the alternative of getting intio a
blind study of DBS of GP or of DBS of STN ,&after much research ,I opted for
the DBS of STN & didnt participate in the study.IT has been15 mos. since my
nuerotransmitter  has been on . with result mixed. They follow:
                        GOOD
1--THe tremor on left side was gone as was the claw that was my left hand.
2-Ive lost stiffness or masked some of the symptoms.

                       BAD
1-!and 1/2 mos in the period ,since the operation where i had my balance,no
freezing but my annunciation was bad. .tHe1and1/2mos were broken up into
3periods.the last 2 were in the end of April and the end of Sept .each time
I went back it was changed to  help bad slurring in my annuncation.Now,I
can"t walk ,except with a walker , or talk &  freezing is intolorable .

Now I have been advised to begin[which i have]taking 1mg of rasagaline along
with my stalevo100's and 1 sinemet daily.anyone  out there on rasagagline
???

WERE you helped? HOw?

I never have had any other relief except stalevo stopped my freezing for
6mos. ANd the DBS gave me 6weeks of relief from freezing but it was a trade
off with loss of annunctation.

thks,
george