isn't this interesting?  must depend on where you live.  It should be
automatic, but that was not my experience.
Ray
----- Original Message -----
From: "Mary Helen" <[log in to unmask]>
To: <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Friday, February 10, 2006 1:10 PM
Subject: Disability message - triggered my recall - just sharing

posted:    Does anyone know if Parkinson's is on the list of impairments for
Social
Security that are considered so severe that they automatically mean that you
are
disabled as defined by law?
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
It was seemingly so long ago - I don't remember who from  what office said
it. But while I was going thru the process, I called a few federal offices
that might be related to enforcemrnt of the Feds disability law and I was
told PD was recognized as a
"catostrophic disease" by the Feds. Thank God I had no problems getting
certified tottal disabled. I was a single mom with 3 kids by the time I was
18 And was divorced. BY the time I was finally diagnosed  I had already been
strugggling (no child support, no family support and no welfare nor any
other public  assistance) So when I first heard PD described by the feds
that way I was totally overwhelmed.

maryhelen ( a- used to-be-"young"-onset PWP)

maryhelen

response from maryhelen