*S-471, introduced by Senators Arlen Specter and Tom Harkin, will expand the number of stem cell lines available for Federal funding.  It was sent to Health, Education, Labor and Pensions on February 28, '05.  If this legislation is to be acted on in this session of Congress action must be taken now before congressional campaigning is in full swing.  I ask that next TUESDAY, FEBRUARY 21 we, and anyone else who has an interest in this research phone our Senators in Washington and urge that S-471 be brought up for a vote.  We should not, by default, sit back and give up on this legislaton.

  *On January 31 Rayinlee wrote a comprehensive explanation of S-471.

  Dolores Gross