posted:    Does anyone know if Parkinson's is on the list of impairments for Social
Security that are considered so severe that they automatically mean that you are
disabled as defined by law?
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
It was seemingly so long ago - I don't remember who from  what office said it. But while I was going thru the process, I called a few federal offices that might be related to enforcemrnt of the Feds disability law and I was told PD was recognized as a
"catostrophic disease" by the Feds. Thank God I had no problems getting certified tottal disabled. I was a single mom with 3 kids by the time I was 18 And was divorced. BY the time I was finally diagnosed  I had already been strugggling (no child support, no family support and no welfare nor any other public  assistance) So when I first heard PD described by the feds that way I was totally overwhelmed.

maryhelen ( a- used to-be-"young"-onset PWP)

maryhelen

response from maryhelen