Hi Amanda,

I have a Susan Greenfield book, Understanding the Mind. I totally agree in
that she writes in a simple/understandable way. I just caught a few minutes
of a recent series on TV and as she was explaining something she
said,".....like a chemical soup...", "constantly changing, second by second,
based on what it's receiving". This really crystalised my thoughts and in
particular one: medication/s and dosage. I would say it's totally impossible
to know how much to take and when because the Mind [Brain] is constantly
changing the [recipe] chemical soup; and I'd go further and say that the
meds spoil rather than enhance the recipe.

I have been doing a lot of research of material to support my theory that PD
is manmade, from earliest times [Essentially environmental toxins, e.g .
Metals, in particular Lead ad Mercury] through the Middle-ages, to the dawn
of the industrial revolution - which is when the number of cases began to
increase and Dr. James Parkinson  wrote his 'Essay on the Shaking
Palsy'.1817. The number of cases has steadily grown and, I would say,
'accelerated' in the last 30-50 yrs. I don't think it's just a coincidence
that in the same period the use of Chemicals in Agriculture, the Food
processing industry -maybe even personal hyginge and laundry products; at
the beginning of the 1900's it was a block of soap, scented or carbolic, and
now the number of products take up several aisles in a supermarket - and
Industrial Chemicals.

We are supposed to be living and benefitting from the Technology revolution;
many do and many don't; they pay the price (like us) to keep the wheels of
industry oiled. We are an acceptable statistic and in turn have become a
signicant source of revenue for that other unregulated profit focussed
industry, Pharmaceuticals.

It's almost 200 years since Parkinson's Essay and there's still no cure.
Why?

Keep smiling,

Marco