:
> It is quite conceivable that you are right, ie. that Stem cell cures
> will not work.  But the essence of scientific research is to learn about
> nature and then take advantage of the findings. Thus the research cannot
> be ruled out merely because the chances of success are uncertain. At
> this stage the functionality of stem cell is not known well and needs to
> be investigated. In scientific research a negative result has value too.

K.F, you will notice that I have not come out against stem cell research - I
too believe that it may address all sorts of conditions which are at present
not curable.  My problem is with the discussion of the ethics and the
morality of the research - it should not be discussed here because it is
inflammatory.  Political action for stem cell research is fine, reports of
advances are fine - just let's not try to change anyone's mind about the
ethics. Such discussion isn't productive.
------
God bless
Mary Ann (CG Jamie 66/26 with PD)