Ray, I think you are dead-on when you say traumas either emotional or
physical kick our PD up a notch.  When I was diagnosed I was returning for a
follow-up visit for recent spinal surgery.  My regular neuro-surgeon was
gone that day so I saw an associate.  He asked me if the surgery had done
much good.  I told him "no".  He did the usual flop your hand back and forth
and the other physical tests neuros do.  I was still thinking my problem was
related to degenerative disk disease.  This neuro very softly and kindly
asked me if I had experienced any emotional trauma lately.  I had lost a
granddaughter just two months before.  It was perhaps the worst time in my
life.  He again softly said, "I think you are in the early stages of PD."  I
was stunned.  He explained that a severe emotional trauma can trigger the
disease.  He said I would have eventually had PD and the symptoms, but the
trauma brought it on early.

In retrospect, I think it is a good thing that he found it when he did.  I
was able to keep going with very mild medication.  I started Sinemet about 3
yrs ago.  The dr. prescribed it 5 X day.  I try to keep it to 2 or sometimes
just the Sinemet-CR at bedtime.  I supplement it with Requip.  Again
supposed to take 2 mg 3 X day usually only take 1.  I don't tell the dr.
because I don't want to get a lecture.  I think I know my body better than
he does.  So I have a stockpile of pills that is becoming ridiculous.  I
have to pitch them when they reach the expiration date.

Just rambling.  Sorry.  The other posts seem so much more important.

Warmest regards to all,

Claudia

"I used to think I had ambition...but now I'm not so sure.  It may have been
only discontent.  They're easily confused."

Rachael Field