Ray,

This url documents the July 15, 2004  meeting of the Senate Commerce
subcommittee on science,  called by Senator Sam Brownback, a Kansas
Republican, about adult stem cells.  Here is the pertinent testimony
given by Dennis Turner.

Last year, after four years of being virtually symptom free, my
Parkinson's symptoms began reappearing in my body's left side. Today I
have various degrees of trembling in both hands, although I feel that
the left is slightly worse. Nevertheless, I wouldn't hesitate for a
second to have Dr. Levesque use my adult stem cells to treat me a second
time, since in my case they were safe, effective, and involved no risk
of rejection.

Because of my improvements through Dr. Levesque's treatment I've been
able to indulge in my passion for big game photography these past five
years. While on safari in 2001 I scrambled up a tree to avoid being run
over by a Rhino. I swam in the South Atlantic with Great White Sharks.
Two weeks ago I returned from Africa after photographing Cheetahs and
Leopards in the wild. Here are a few examples of the pictures I took.
They represent memories and experiences I feel I have Dr. Levesque to
thank for. I came here to offer him my sincere gratitude, and to offer
others with Parkinson's a concrete reason for hope.

http://commerce.senate.gov/hearings/testimony.cfm?id=1268&wit_id=3676

How many Parkies would kill for 4 years of normal living?  My wife would.

It was over a year and 1/2, not several months.

rayilynlee wrote:

Nick several months ago I saw it with my own eyes on a video on line where
Sen Sam Brownback was touting the successes of adult stem cell research.

Turner was shaking like a leaf  It has also been on sites all over the web
which I don't print or keep anymore because my hands are like paws.  Its a
pretty well established fact.  Turner wanted to go through the process
again
and   I don't know what happened on that score.
Brownback also had a couple of women with spinal cord injuries who had
treatment in Spain or  Portugal with nasal cells who had improved bladder
function and could stand with assistance but were not cured eitherRay