Ned,

you wrote....

It  is my understanding that the new web site is for as you call
them "the clearly disturbed"

 Ned

I don't wish to prolong the debate on Escr but I find your words tasteless
and offensive; and quite childish.
Everyone in this group voices their thoughts, opinions annd arguments
intelligently; and occasionally some communications become emotive and
perhaps subjective because the writer has become so absorbed by the subject
they sound off out of frustration. what better place than here! The only
time a member should be asked to cease their dialogue is if they blatantly
make false statements; especially if it involves a person, irrespective of
their position. First a warning, followed by permanent removal, if they
disregard the warning. The last thing we should be doing is reducing numbers
but quite the opposite. We should be growing it through effective PR, to
bring in all those with PD that  are currently facing it alone [and their
family]. If they don't have the means to fund a PC & modem we, those who
can, should look into establishing a recycling equipment list, when we
replace a system. If we each paid in $1.00/week I think we could soon have a
significant amount. This money could be used for special projects, e.g.
database, and PR campaigns; media coverage. This group consists of very
intelligent people, who call a spade a spade and who are not prepared to sit
and do nothing and just wait for the inevitable.

As for the lady who said something like , '' ... if it's only a blob in a
dish, it isn't human, so what's the problem...". The problem is it's alive
[egg+sperm] albeit invitro, it's the first part of the human form; with it's
DNA code that will, if allowed to live become a human being. This has made
me think abount IVF Clinics and Sperm banks as having crossed the line from
health care to significant businesses; just like  Plastic Surgeory. My IVF
question. For couples having difficulty conceiving, the solution(I think is
usually IVF) But if they can takes eggs and sperm and reimplant several eggs
in
womb and a live birth takes; after a costly and lengthy exercise; and at
times difficult and
emotional for the woman - it's not exactly the same as making love - why
can't they (?) conceive, etc. naturally. I
think the IVF $dollars have stopped them looking. Births too have become a
business because more are being delivered
by C-section-certainly in the UK.

I am a catholic and I have my beliefs but these aside I am concerned about
ESCR - and any form of bio tech - because of what
it might lead to; and who would control the business because that's what
it'll become, a business.

I mean no offence.

Marco