Tosh, What about a Canadian SIG next year that focuses on WAC/WID
initiatives and programs in Canada?  I know I'd be especially
interested to get a glimpse of whatever is going on out there (what's
already in place, what's in the works, etc). --and this would fit
with what Rick is proposing. I'd be happy to share the work that the
U of A Task Force on Writing has been up to this year and next
--though most of what we're doing is posted online at
http://www.arts.ualberta.ca/wtf/
and I'm sure other places have gotten way further than we have so
far--like Simon Fraser, of course, and PEI and Regina, for starters
(we've been trying to get as much info as we can about what's
currently going on in Canada, to inform our own deliberations, but I
know we haven't had the time to study or uncover everything).  Why
not put out a call for anyone who's been involved with WAC/WID
programs (in place or in development) and see who responds?  I know
that I'd sure find such a session useful.   Just make sure it doesn't
get set up at the same time as the ongoing WAC SIG!
Thanks for volunteering to do this!  Betsy