Great, Tosh, thank you.

         I expect I will attend 4Cs in New York next year.  I could talk
about the new ambitious writing-intensive first-year literature course I
will be teach (and probably accessing formally) in  the fall.  This an
instance of the new SFU curriculum, finally officially implemented, that
requires one lower division and one upper division subject area course for
graduation (but no required writing course).  That sounds like the sort of
stuff presented at Canadian caucus meetings in the past.  A title might be,
"Writing Courses, Writing-Intensive Courses, Both or Neither"  Or "Teaching
Writing Without Hardly Teaching Writing."  Or . . . well, the next one
would be downright silly.

         If that's not the sort of topic you have in mind,  I could talk
about criteria for deciding which genres to teach.  Or about eco-rhetoric,
about which I hope to know considerably more by then.  Or about
constitutive rhetoric (does everyone know Charland's QJS article,
"Constitutive Rhetoric: The Case of the Peuple Quebecois"?)

Cheers,
Rick