From: CASLL/Inkshed [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Brock
MacDonald
Sent: Monday, March 27, 2006 11:01 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Canadian Caucus Next Year?

I second Margaret's thanks, Tosh, and the offer of assistance with
the proposal.  We need our Caucus again!

Discussing new WAC and WID initiatives sounds like an excellent hook
from which to hang the session; to avoid the potential overlap that
Betsy mentioned, the language of the proposal should probably specify
that we'll be talking about doing WAC and WID in the Canadian
context...i.e. without first-year composition (in most cases, anyway).

As always at the C's, there were times over the past few days in
Chicago when I felt like a visitor from another world, given our
American colleagues' preoccupation with FYC--the very fact that they
have a familiar acronym for it speaks volumes.

Brock

W. Brock MacDonald
Director, Academic Writing Centre
Woodsworth College, University of Toronto
119 St. George Street
Toronto, ON   M5S-1A9
Phone: (416) 978-0246
Fax: (416) 978-6111