UNIVERSITY** OF SASKATCHEWAN*
*COLLEGE** OF ENGINEERING*
Lecturer, Without Term
Instructor, Without Term
Assistant Professor, Without Term

* *

The College of Engineering, University of Saskatchewan, invites
applications for *four positions in Rhetoric and Communication* for its
new *Centre for the Study of Communication*. All four positions are
without term, one at the rank of Assistant Professor, one at the rank of

Lecturer, and two at the rank of Instructor. When it is fully
operational, the Centre will offer an Undergraduate Option in
Communication and a Master of Professional Communication degree, both
with a strong rhetorical emphasis, as well as advanced degrees (MA and
PhD) in rhetoric. The Centre will provide a collegial working atmosphere

where excellence in teaching is valued and expected, and a strong record

of innovative scholarship in communication will be encouraged and
supported. We are therefore seeking to assemble an outstanding group of
faculty and instructors. The Lecturer and Instructor positions require a

minimum of a master’s degree in rhetoric; the Assistant Professor
position requires a PhD in rhetoric, though ABD with evidence of
imminent completion will be considered. In keeping with the Centre's
emphasis on outstanding teaching, successful candidates will bring
evidence of effective post-secondary teaching, preferably of
rhetorically-grounded courses in communication. Candidates for all four
positions should be prepared to work in a team setting with other
faculty and with the D.K. Seaman Chair in Professional and Technical
Communication. Experience in the application of theory to practice in
professional communication would be desirable for all these positions,
as would an ability to contribute to the teaching of additional
undergraduate courses in communication and a willingness to participate
in professional practice opportunities. Position descriptions and
application details are displayed at
<www.engr.usask.ca/dept/techcomm/News.html#positions
<http://www.engr.usask.ca/dept/techcomm/News.html#positions>>, or
contact *Dr. Jennifer MacLennan, Professor and D.K. Seaman Chair,
Professional and Technical Communication, College of Engineering,
University of Saskatchewan, 57 Campus Drive, Saskatoon, Saskatchewan,
Canada, S7N 5A9, e-mail: [log in to unmask] Consideration

of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the
positions are filled.*

The University of Saskatchewan is committed to Employment Equity.
Members of Designated Groups (women, aboriginal people, people with
disabilities and visible minorities) are encouraged to self-identify on
their applications. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply;
however, Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority.

--
Jennifer MacLennan, PhD
Professor and D.K. Seaman Chair
Professional and Technical Communication
College of Engineering
University of Saskatchewan
57 Campus Drive
Saskatoon, SK  S7N 5A9