March 3, 2006

Valid stem-cell research can help
The members of our group share the view expressed by Rayilyn Brown
supporting stem-cell research ("Allow stem-cell research to exist," Feb. 24
letter).
We strongly urge that stem-cell research be carried out under the stringent
guidelines proposed by the National Academy of Sciences which bans human
cloning and only permits the use of embryonic stem cells for therapeutic
use.
Furthermore, it is required that the consent of those who have stored them
in the process of in-vitro fertilization be obtained.
Under these conditions we have high hopes that stem-cell research will be
the basis for the elimination of the diseases that presently plague us. Find
information online at www.ssscr.org.
Robert Aaron
Student Society for Stem Cell Research
West Palm Beach, Fla.