regarding memory problems - my mother is 83 and forgetful but NOT senile  - I
asked a doctor (2 actually) to explain  why (in plain Engish) anyone over 80
was expected to have this and put up with it - his prevarication made it
obvious he didn't know either (and hadn't given it much thought.
I can't see why it's inevitable when scans show only trivial damage in one
area.
If the human brain were a database I'd soon sort it :)