I googled oocyte assisted reprogramming or ANT-OAR and the Catholic church
apparently approves of it.  I still don't understand if an egg is involved
Sounds like it though.  This is from the scientists not the church.  Here in
AZ the State Senate is poised to criminalize the sale of eggs, thus striking
an indirect blow at IVF clinics.
Ray

"We propose a procedure that combines epigenetic reprogramming of a somatic
nucleus with forced expression of transcription factors characteristic of
embryonic stem cells, to produce a pluripotent stem cell. As a result of
this procedure, nanog and/or other, similar factors1 , would be expressed at
high levels in somatic cells prior to nuclear transfer, to bias the somatic
nucleus towards a pluripotent stem cell state. Such altered nuclei would
then be epigenetically reprogrammed by transplantation into enucleated
oocytes. Alternatively or concomitantly, the mRNA for these same factors
could be introduced into the oocyte prior to nuclear transfer. This
procedure could ensure that the epigenetic state of the resulting single
cell would immediately be different from that of an embryo and like that of
a pluripotent stem cell: the somatic-cell nucleus would be formed into a
pluripotent stem-cell nucleus and never pass through an embryonic stage.
Therefore, unlike some other proposed methods of ANT, this method would
achieve its objective not by a gene deletion that precludes embryonic
organization in the cell produced, but rather by a positive transformation
that generates, ab initio, a cell with the distinctive molecular
characteristics and developmental behavior of a pluripotent cell, not a
totipotent embryo. This should allow us to produce a pluripotent stem cell
line with controlled genetic characteristics. CBHD"