according to Dr. Dodd's survey of the literature of the field, of the 28 dopamine agonist gamblers identified by researchers to date, 24 were also on sinemet. And that is not even including the Molina study, which found 12 gamblers on levodopa alone (he does not mention other drugs - Dodd claims there were other drugs but as yet has not said how she knows that - i have been unable to find an email address for Molina, who is in Spain.)

anyway my point is that even if you eliminate Molina's people, you have the vast majority on sinemet as well.

now even *if* there were an incidence of any significance, the start/stop of behavior coinciding with the start/stop of a DA cannot be taken as evidence that the DA alone is responsible - because unless one sees the same behavior occur in a group on a DA *alone,* one cannot rule out the ppossibility that it is the combination of sinemet and a DA *together*, not the DA itself inherently, i.e.,, too much dopaminergic activity in general, that is responsible.

also, as you will read in Part II, Dr. Dodd counted in her 11 gamblers people who started gambling 1-2.5 years after the DA was added/increased. seems pretty ridiculous to me, but her justification is that the behavior stopped when the DA was stopped/reduced.

however, it seems to me that there could be a placebo effect with stopping a med just as well as there can be when starting, so if  those people knew they were stopping the DA in the hope the gambling would stop, that could account for the cessation of the behavior.

whether or not those four stopped the DA in an effort to stop the gambling is one of the many questions Dr. Dodd declined to answer.

i hope when i re-read this tomorrow it makes some semblance of sense.

"M.Schild" <[log in to unmask]> wrote: > And yet either Barrow or the Mayo Clinic sent it to
> Reuters. i asked Dr. Stacy why. He said "I cannot
> answer that."

But you cannot neglect the many PWPs who went on gambling/spending/sexual or
any other compulsions and found their compulsions diminished or stopped when
the lower their doses od agonists or stopped them. How do you explain that?
Maryse cg John 77,17