I sent the following letter to 60 Minutes, 20/20, Dateline, Nightline, 48 Hours on Friday.  I want to encourage you to do the same if you are comfortable doing so and want to participate in the current stem cell wars.  I have posted email addresses for your convenience.  Thanks to Diane Wysak, she finds the targets for me.  Believe me a BIG effort is going on to block embryonic stem cell resesarch by misrepresenting the efficacy of ASCs in treating PD and more.  Feel free to help yourself to anything I have written whether to tone it down, improve it, or make it easier for you to write.  I believe it would help the cause if these stations got lots of letters.  Thanks, Ray

"Opponents of embryonic stem cell research have been consistently lying about adult stem cell "cures"for the past four years.

Being a Parkinson's disease prisoner for ten years I know there are no ASC cures for  PD.  The basis for its inclusion on their "cures list" is the experience of one man, Dennis Turner.  About six years ago a Dr. Michel Levesque of Cedars Sinai in Los Angeles CA extracted some of Mr. Turner's own brain cells, cultivated and multiplied them and implanted them back in his brain.  Turner enjoyed about a five year reprieve from his Parkinson's symptoms, but they were apparent in a video of Senator Sam Brownback's hearing a year ago touting the superiority of adult stem cell cures over embryonic stem cell research.

I called (949-492-8618) Dennis Turner [log in to unmask] on Wednesday of this week and he confirmed that he was worse than ever and that Dr. Levesque's Phase II of this experiment is currently stalled probably due to lack of funds.

When I called the Michigan Catholic Conference on Wednesday to try to get them to take Parkinson's off their cure list they hung up on me.   Since claims of spinal cord injury "cures" are false as well, I'm wondering what else on the ASC cures list being used by opponents of ESCR is also phony.

We who are severely disabled and/or suffering from horrendous diseases desperately need the help of the media to get the truth out.  While I do not agree with opponents of ESCR that stem cells are people, I respect their right to this notion and non-participation in ESC research and treatments that might result .  However, lying about research that has been ongoing for the past 40 years and asserting its superiority over research that has not yet been done needs to be exposed."

Thank you.
Rayilyn Brown
Surprise, AZ 85374
623-584-5869