Hi Wendy.  One website you might want to check re: WID/WAC initiatives
at the U of A is http://www.arts.ualberta.ca/wtf/.  I think all the
documents/reports have been uploaded or will be by the time we all
return from our Easter celebration (or recovery!). I know Betsy Sargent
has been working very hard with the Writing Task Force subcommittee
reports to put together a final proposal for a writing centre at the U
of A.   My particular contribution was ESL/EAL writing support
consideration which Betsy has succinctly dovetailed into the WTF
subcommittee report #7.

Another suggestion would be to check out the European websites since my
impression from attending the BALEAP (http://www.baleap.org.uk/) and
EATAW European conferences is that European post-secondary institutions
have very well developed centralized and localized (within individual
departments) writing centre systems. Of course, my view is focused on
English as a Foreign language- I'm not sure about the L1 (language of
the country) writing centre support.

No daffodils here but we did have a light snowfall this morning.
Gloria Michalchuk