York University's two largest Faculties have a content based 6 credit (Atkinson,
9 credit Arts) Humanities course for ESL students.  Presumably the students at
St. Mary's have been admitted to the university, and so have a certain level of
competence.  The course allows them to fill their Humanities General Education
requirement while continuing to develop their English.
In both Faculties, the course is on Canadian culture. Let me know if you want to
see a sample syllabus from Atkinson.

Leslie Sanders

Quoting [log in to unmask]: