>   One of the people you know was on requip/ropinerole (and sinemet?)

yes, and sinemet. Started gambling after he started Requip, stopped gambling
when diminishing/stopping Requip.

> . None of Stacy's gamblers was taking Requip,

the Mayo clinic study did mention Requip too.
I donīt have PD, am just a cg but have been on several lists (PD+CG) for many
years now. There is no doubt there are compulsive behaviours linked with PD,
and with its treatment, mainly DAs. People who gamble donīt like to talk
about it but since the papers about gambling and DAs have come out, several
people told of their compulsions. Not just gambling: sexual ones  and over
spending are the most referred to. The others, milder ones are usually talked
about incidentely ( playing the same records over and over, computer
games,etc, etc) since they do not  destroy the family life.
It is good to be aware of the possible link between DAs and compulsions. Some
people have ended up in psychiatric wards because of it when perhaps,
changing the DA would do the trick, perhaps not in every case.
Maryse cg JOhn 77,17