Thanks, David.  It's good to know that there is a light at the end of
the tunnel and that it is likely that I will regain my strength.

When I discontinued the meds, I did so without a plan to get back on
them.  It was just a shot in the dark, and presumably, it wouldn't
work to relieve the pain.  I'd just take them up again the next day.

But it DID work, and all of the sudden I was afraid to get back on
any of the meds for fear it would start again.  I was particularly
afraid of NMS (Neuroleptic Malignant Syndrome) which supposedly can
occur if you change meds too fast and too frequently.  I had already
taken step one in that process, and I couldn't find guidance for step
two.  I mentioned this to the emergency room doctor when I was
admitted to hospital, and I trust that he took this into account when
he prescribed meds for me.

After this experience, I am weak and getting physical therapy.  I
picked  up a cold in the hospital.  I have other problems.  But
strangely, some of the Parkinson problems which I had before this
incident have become minor, have disappeared, or have been shadowed
by my current condition..

Art