In his response to Maria, David Lewin makes
several excellent points regarding the challenges
many of us encounter in getting the medical help
we need to minimize our suffering in our battle
with PD. Keeping accurate track of my on-off
periods, dyskinesias, meds, and meals for three
or four days prior to a doctor’s appointment and
presenting that information to my physician at
our meeting time has proven useful to me in
getting more help than might otherwise be the
case. I'm sure many list members have had similar experiences.

The tool I use to create a log for this purpose
is Excel. I print out the form I created with
Excel and fill it in by hand by placing check
marks in the appropriate cells. Each day’s data
fits on an 8-1/2” x 11” page. The completed form
provides me with a clear, concise and graphical
time line of the day’s events. It also makes life
a lot easier for medical professionals to get an
idea as to the effectiveness of my prescription
meds and then make recommendations accordingly.

Any list member who might find use for this PD
Log file and would like a copy, please email me
off list at [log in to unmask] Subject line:
PD Log request. I'll reply to your email with an attached copy.