I was going to suggest that it was time we revisited "Literature and
Composition: the Troubled Connection", except that I thought that most
Inkshedders (in practice at least, if not in theory) have moved beyond
trying to maintain any connection at all.  But perhaps Marcy's
suggestion would cover it.  (She wrote "I think the Alternative
Discourses and Disciplinary Codes idea could incorporate the others,
particularly if you added language that broadened the scope of
discussion to include competing discourses within disciplines, or
discourses that disrupt disciplines (which is what I think the podcasts
and wikis and so forth do).")  Composition/rhetoric is still often
understood as a competing or disruptive discourse within the English
Department -- in those places where it maintains any connection with
such departments at all.  And from where I sit and from what I see, it's
still a relevant issue -- and certainly one I can get worked up about
more easily than podcasts and wikis and all those other no doubt
interesting things.

Looking forward to London, all being well.
Susan

Susan Drain, PhD
Department of English
Mount Saint Vincent University